Sunday, May 6, 2012

Book Signing: Veronica Roth


This past week was the release of the highly anticipated 2nd book in the Divergent trilogy (Click here to read my review of Insurgent) I was very fortunate to discover on Tuesday that Veronica Roth would be visiting one of my favorite indie bookstore Anderson's Bookshop!

So after I left the library Monday afternoon I stopped by the store and picked up two copies of Insurgent (one for me which I devoured in two days, and one for a friend) and two tickets to the event on Friday.


It's probably been almost a year since I attended a book signing.  I used to work events at Borders before liquidation was announced and all our upcoming events were canceled, and they were always lots of fun.  Getting to help run the event and spend the evening with an author was always lots of fun!

 The event was pretty big. I remember hearing the event staff say they gave out 500 tickets! The photo on the left was taken during the reading portion of the event. It doesn't look like there are that many people here, but there was a crowd of people sitting on the floor right in front of the podium, and lots of people standing off to the side in aisles and plenty of people behind my friend and me. 

After the Q&A it was time to line up to get our books signed.  Because the store was a bit on the intimate size for a crowed of 500 people and our tickets were around the 175 mark we browsed the store a bit and then decided to walk around the downtown area and got some gelato. (Yum!)  By the time we were done it was time to hop in line!

Watching my books get signed
watching my books get signed
I had a quick chat with her. (there were 300+ people behind me and it was already 9pm)  I asked her if she had a rough idea of where the Amity sector was located since it's exact location is never stated.  To which she said (and I'm paraphrasing) it's most likely someplace in the north west, and that they would have likely cleared the area to make way for the trees so Amity looks nothing like it does today.  I took a couple of the faction stickers that were set out on the table (Dauntless and Amity) and said a quick thank you and good bye!  Over all it was a great experience!

My signed copies complete with faction stickers!



8 comments:

  1. I'm TOTALLY jealous that you got to go to a Veronica Roth signing! I haven't read Insurgent yet (I'm slow, I know haha) but it looks like you had so much fun and enjoyed it! Sounds like you had a great experience & a lot of fun. :)

    Brenna from Esther's Ever After
    http://everafteresther.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brena,

      It was lots of fun! It looks like she will be touring over the summer

      There isn't anything posted yet in terms of dates but this is the link on her blog ->http://veronicarothbooks.blogspot.com/p/calendar.html

      I think she was only holding a few signings to promote the book during it's first week, and since she lives around Chicago (and it's set in the city) it's a logical place for her to hold a signing.

      Delete
  2. Ahh! I'm super jealous! lol. I want to go to some book signings this year, I've never actually been to any but they seem like so much fun! :D

    Hope you're having a good week so far! I'm now following you by the way :)

    <3
    Taylor
    http://thoughts-of-an-endless-dreamer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taylor,

      Book signings are always lots of fun! I used to work at a bookstore so I would help host them all the time, but they are even more fun to attend! Check your local bookstore for an event calendar, I'm sure you'll find some great authors visiting your area!

      -Ashley Rose

      And thanks for following me, I've followed you right back!

      Delete
  3. Your signed copies look really cool. I still have yet to even start divergent but I really want to. All the excitement from everyone is making me anxious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The series is a very enjoyable and quick read, I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  4. I'm so jealous! I loved both of the books and can't wait for the next one.

    http://love-eightdaysaweek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abbie,

      Thanks for the follow! I love your blog name by the way 8 Days a week is my favorite Beatles song.

      ~Ashley Rose

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment. I love to share what I'm reading with you, and hope you'll share with me in return! I always love getting recommendations! So please leave a comment and let me know what you think!