Friday, May 25, 2012

Feature & Follow #2

Feature & Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee's View & Alison Can Read. Every week feature a different blog and post a question.  Each week bloggers create there own F&F post answering the question and linking back.   It's a great way to meet other book bloggers and gain new followers!

Q:Activity! Dream cast your current read.

Oh, I am so bad at casting books...and I typically don't like to cast them while I'm reading because then I have them stuck in my mind the whole time. I'm actually currently reading Ashen Winter by Mike Mullen but I honestly have no idea who I would cast.   I did just finish Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers this week So I'll go ahead and take a stab at it. 

Ismae: Isabelle Fuhrman
For Ismae, I wanted someone who wasn't a BIG name, not ancestrally an unknown but not someone you would think of instantly. Being that Ismae is an assassin I wanted someone tough.  So my mind wandered to the Hunger Games, but didn't want to use Jennifer Lawrence. Then my mind came to the girl who played Clove, Isabelle Fuhrman.  After looking at a few photos I think she would be a good choice and not to mention with her performance as Clove I have no doubt she could handle the physicality that a roll at Ismae would require. 



Duval: Joe Dempsie
I didn't realize it when I was reading but I kinda sorta had an image of Joseph Fiennes as Robert Dudly in Elizabeth. Not exactly but it was close.  Mind you that movie is from 1997 and I don't think he would work alongside Isabelle Fuhrman.  So I started to think of period movies and TV shows & remembers Game of Thrones, I don't have HBO so I haven't seen the show, but came across a few pictures of Joe Dempsie and thought he could work for Duval (and he is 25 so the age is right) and actually he is much closer to the Duval I had in my head. 

11 comments:

  1. Just stopping by, not familiar with this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it, you can check out my review here

      Delete
  2. I have Grave Mercy on my shelf but still have some library books to finish before I get to it. Nice casting choices- Joe Dempsie is great on Game of Thrones.

    Old follower. :-) Our FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lee,

      Yeah when I googled him for photos a lot of fan sites came up for him so I figured he was a bit of a fan favorite. I've been meaning to read the books for a while, maybe I'll pick them up this summer (I've been told they are hard to put down once you pick them up.)

      Delete
  3. I haven't read your book, either. Thanks for the visit and the follow! Followed you back. :)

    My FF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason I pictures Ismae as older looking even though that's probably not accurate. But I think she's a good choice anyways.

    My follow friday. Please stop by.
    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The inside cover says she is 17, I think Isabelle Fuhrman is younger than that but not by much. Typically people in Medieval/Renaissance Period books always feel older than they are because you were so much younger when you were considered an adult. Duchess Anne of Brittany is only 12 years old in the book and she reads much older than that.

      Delete
  5. I've been wanting to read this book for a while! Great cast (:

    - Kim (new follower)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. I loved Grave Mercy. Isabelle is a great choice.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't read them!
    I’m following you now from Follow Friday, and to follow me back, check out My Follow Friday post

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. I love to share what I'm reading with you, and hope you'll share with me in return! I always love getting recommendations! So please leave a comment and let me know what you think!